Saturday, August 22, 2026

Mickey and James Levine

I only did a few scenes for Fantasia 2000. Eric Goldberg invited me to animate a section of Rhapsody in Blue, which was a joy to work on. And I consider this part of the feature film a masterpiece.

Don Hahn asked me if I might animate Mickey interacting with conductor James Levine. Of course I jumped at the chance.

Here is a character layout sketch followed by a rough animation drawing of Mickey, as he adjusts Levine's bow tie.





2 comments:

  1. I consider both "Fantasia" and "Fantasia 2000" as some of my favorite movies ever because they introduced me, fully(!), to classical music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the "Mickey Mouse in Living Colour" dvd had a super low-res pencil test version, where you can see the guy tugging on the conductor's bow tie and jacket
    https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/176547
    Kinda like Roger Rabbit-style, but by this time they could easily crop the guy out of the live action plate

    ReplyDelete