Thursday, October 23, 2014

Wilhelm M. Busch, Early Works


These beautiful drawings were were done during the 1940s. Busch published them much later in a little book, in which he points out that most of his student work was destroyed during the war, but a few drawings, like the ones shown here, survived. 
You can see that he already tries different drawing styles, from realistic renderings to simple line drawings. Whatever the approach, his phenomenal power of observation comes through in every image.










9 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe that there is room for improvement here and yet he is a student, just getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the room for improvement when it came to me doing drawings of a nude model in my art class. I was so nervous about drawing models because I never drawn a model before when it came to high school. But it's an art skill I have to practice when it comes to drawing characters.
    By the way I hear that Ron Clements and John Musker are doing another movie, are you helping them with Moana? I was so happy when you guys did Princess and Frog using hand drawn animation. I hope they do it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to disappoint you, Meg. Ron and John's film will be CG, not what I do. Stay tuned for Mushka updates, a hand drawn film.

      Delete
    2. I see. That would be interesting to see what happens with Ron and John's film seeing that they haven't done a movie that was just CGI without hand drawn animation. What's Mushka?

      Delete
    3. Type the word Mushka in he upper left corner of the blog, and click on search. You'll find all posts about my film in production.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful drawings! Do you have the originals, Andreas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are scans from a book. More Busch to come!

      Delete
  4. Die Hände, wowww! 🤩
    Und dann das 8. und das 9. Bild, einfach zum Niederknien! 😍Danke fürs Teilen! 😊

    ReplyDelete