Monday, December 3, 2018

Beautiful Things

Heritage Auctions is yet again offering unique and rare pieces of original animation art.
I just love this concept/layout piece from Cinderella. One of my favorite sequences not only in animation, but in film period. This is how the scene was established, even though we never see this particular staging in the film. So powerful, so much personality in just one sketch. I am not sure who drew this, perhaps Ken O'Connor or Ken Anderson.



Anita and Perdita in Regent's Park in London. A beautiful experimental sketch by Ken Anderson.
I posted a similar piece a while back.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JI8SGjouklQ/U7jneKV1jQI/AAAAAAAALhI/Jj0jS2_sAM8/s1600/KA101.jpg




A publicity cel set up with Walt and Ludwig Von Drake. Magic!!!



4 comments:

  1. I can say with 100% certainty the Cinderella Sketch is by the great Don Bluth. He first published it in number 8 of his Exposure Sheet magazine from 1986. In the picture Cinderella looks more Bluthy than Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean. Also, the paper is too white for a vintage drawing from Cinderella.
    It's a heck of a beautiful study.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm agree and even the live action of Cinderella with Lily James is one of the most powerful beautiful movie by Kenneth Branagh, I love both of them the 1950 & 2014.

      Delete