Friday, March 25, 2016

Tiger Mom Attack

© Andreas Deja

A quick update on my film Mushka.
I just finished animating the sequence when Sarah encounters the tiger cub for the first time.
Obviously the cub's mother nearby isn't too happy about the human contact, she charges.
Above you see one of the key drawings, below is the first rough pass of the same drawing.
In tying down the pose I pushed the right shoulder because the weight is on that leg.
Another section I finished shows Sarah arriving in Siberia on a train, followed by meeting her father for the first time.
So thrilled to see how things are coming together. Also, proud to be able to animate scenes like this one, or shots with human characters without live action reference. I think I am close to 25 % animated.
Prepare to use some Kleenex when you'll see the final film. I still can't tell the film's story without getting teary eyed. This is a very personal project.


© Andreas Deja

10 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely amazing. Beautiful drawings. Can't wait to see more progress updates and the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning! Can't wait to see new hand-drawn animation from one of the modern masters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. almost 25% completed!
    HUGE applause for Andreas Deja!
    Thank you so much for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful drawings, you have a great talent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing, also can't wait. So proud of you for making it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me happy to hear this is going well! Beautiful drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the update on Mushka! I love hearing all your little tidbits on this blog and I look forward to seeing your labor of love when it's completed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you seen Zootopia, Andreas? I feel they did a really good job getting cartoon principles into the 3D animation. Maybe they'll do a 2D spinoff. I'd love to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really look forward to seeing this short for myself!

    ReplyDelete