Thursday, April 19, 2018

Just a Beautiful Drawing

...by Wilhelm M. Busch for a bookcover.
An ordinary pose, drawn in an extraordinary fashion. This approach applies to animation as well.
Often you get to do a scene in which the character does something ordinary. How can this scene come out looking interesting. Of course the first thought should be around the character's personality. Is there a way to be unique and specific in your acting choices. The same goes for drawing and staging. A woman is sitting on a chair. What is she thinking? Who is she? Once you know that, then the drawing challenge follows. How can I portray this woman in the most beautiful and insightful way, so people want to look at her.
Well, I do want to know more about this woman. I guess I will have to read the novel.




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks again for these Busch’s illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lesson in cover artworks! :-)
    After I read it I thougt of the cover of your book " The Nine Old Men" ...
    Today is world book day. I'm old school so I collect books and mostly children books (everytime I see "Finding Nemo" I think of "Swimmy" by Leo Lionni ;-) ) or I like to spend time in librarys specially to study art books.
    By the way: Thank you for sharing pictures by W. Busch or H. Kley with us ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Informative blog.
    Learned alot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng amazon cũng như mua hàng trên ebay ship về việt nam uy tín, giải đáp mua hàng trên amazon mỹ có đảm bảo không, chia sẻ hướng dẫn mua hàng trên amazon ship về việt namkinh nghiệm mua hàng trên amazon nhật cũng như giải pháp mua nước hoa pháp chính hãng uy tín

    ReplyDelete