Sunday, August 23, 2015

Wart as a Sparrow


In this scene Wart (as a sparrow) seems for a moment smitten with Madame Mim (as a beautiful Girl). Why Mim looks like a younger version of Madame Medusa here becomes clear when you consider that Milt Kahl designed and animated  both ladies.
He also set the final look for Wart (as a human as well as a sparrow.)

Here are a couple of wonderful, rough doodle sheets, which the ink & paint department used for early color model ideas.



More on Wart's original design in this earlier post:

http://andreasdeja.blogspot.com/2013/10/wart.html

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Andreas, for another great post. I always look forward to what you are going to share next with us. Recently, I earned my Master's in Animation, and this blog was instrumental in motivating me to attend graduate school, and helpful as a resource during my research and practice. If you need any help on one of your own projects, feel free to contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Andreas, that's one of my all time favourite movies, thank you so much for your posts! Can't wait to see your upcoming book!
    Greetings from Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wart's sparrow design kinda reminds me of the bird designs in the Adventures in Music shorts. You know, "Melody" and "Toot, Whistle, Plunk & Boom".

    ReplyDelete